You have the ability to connect Contacts which will help record and display some of the relationships, and inter-play that occurs in your database.
For example you can connect two Individuals together with a particular role like Spouse/Partner, Parent/Child or even Lawyer/Client. Or connect an Individual to an Entity with a role like Director or Employee.
- You are able to connect Contacts of any Type (Individuals, Entities or Groups)
Each time you connect any two Contacts together a role will need to be specified. The role describes the Contact's part in that two-sided relationship.
- Some roles are linked to other opposite roles, for example selecting Contact A as Parent, will automatically select Contact B's role as Child.
- The roles available will differ depending on what type of Contacts you are connecting
Connections are best-thought of from the perspective of the record you are viewing. eg If viewing Contact A’s record, and I want to connect them to Contact B, ask yourself “What is Contact B to Contact A?”
Create A Connection
- Open the CONTACT
- Click Connect
- The Connect FROM is already set as your selected Contact
- Set the Connect TO as the target record
- Specify the As this Role, for example = Spouse / Partner
- Click Save & Close
- Back on the Contact record the Connections tab displays the new Connection
Here are some examples of how you may consider connecting different types of Contacts.