Checklist Templates are the pre-configured lists of to-do items that can be called on-demand, or used in workflow automation.
What are they?
Checklist Templates are records you create to store lists of items that can be re-used over and over again.
Think of Checklist Templates as your library of pre-defined process lists, that you can expand over time as you try to streamline your business processes.
- Go to the Dynamics 365 APP Switcher
- Select the D365 Checklists app
- Select Checklists Templates from the sitemap
Create or Edit
- Navigate to Checklist Templates
- Click the NEW button to add a new Checklist Template
- or open an existing Checklist Template to edit it
- Set or Edit the main fields:
- Name = The name of the template
- Category = This can make your templates easier to sort
- Description = Use it if you need a reminder of what the template's for
- Save your changes
Set the Checklist Items
- Open to your Checklist Template
- Add Checklist Items as required
- Edit, Resort or Delete as required
- Lock items that you want to be enforced/mandatory for end-users
(This means users can tick/cross them, but not edit or delete them)
- When done just Save & Close
- When using any Checklist, click the Use a Template button
- Select the Checklist Template you wish to insert into your Checklist
- Click OK
- The items from the Checklist Template will be added to your current Checklist