It’s simple for a System Administrator (or System Customizer) to setup and implement Tiles in your organization. If they are familiar with adding Web Resources to Dashboards it’s a breeze, but also only a few steps for those not initiated. As a high-level overview:
Create a Tile Set
- Create at least one Tile Set record first or open an existing one
(for example we're creating one called “Tile Set (Link To)”)
- Add a few Tiles to the Tile Set for illustrative purposes
- Copy the CopyID GUID for use later
Dashboard Web Resource
- Add a Web Resource to a new or existing Dashboard specifying:
Web resource = miiia_/tiles/d365_tiles.html
- Check the Enable for mobile if you wish to render in native mobile apps
- Add the Copy Id (copied from your Tile Set record) as the Custom Parameter
- For better visual results, on the Formatting tab of the Add Web Resource dialog, set the Number of Rows, Scrolling, and Display Border parameters to your liking.
- Publish All Changes, you’re done!